Quang Tri 1 Thermal Power Project
- August 2011, EGAT International Company Limited (EGATi) expressed an interest in investing in Quang Tri 1 Thermal Power Project (2x660 MW), which had been included in Vietnam’s Power Development Plan VII under Built Own Tranfer (BOT) scheme whose period is 25 years.
- August 12, 2013, EGATi had been approved by the Vietnamese Government as the investor for Thermal Power Project (Quang Tri 1 Project)
- June 24, 2014, Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) and EGATi had been signed, officially commencing the project development between MOIT and EGATi.
- During November 27 to 28, 2014, General Prayuth Chanocha, Prime Minister of Thailand, had officially visited Vietnam and requested the Vietnam counterpart for support and acceleration of Quang Tri development.
- October 8, 2015, the EIA Report was approved by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MONRE).
- June 10, 2016, EGATi together with EGCO and Kyushu Electric Power Company Incorporation (Kyushu) are going to sign the Joint Development Agreement (JDA) to co-invest and jointly develop the Quang Tri 1 Project.
- Located in Quang Tri Province, about 60 km. from Hue
- Coastal area, 12-15 meters deep at 600 meters from the shore line
- Imported coal at approximately 3.6 million tons per year
- Use raw water from nearby reservoir and sea water for cooling system
- 25 years BOT scheme
- COD: Unit1 - Dec, 2020 & Unit2 - June, 2023